Time & Location
About The Event
The Gynburra 2018 is now in its fourth year. Held on the traditional lands of the Narungga people, the festival is a celebration of recognition and acknowledgement of our cultural and spiritual connection to Country.
A family-friendly event with activities for the whole family to enjoy held over three days, 25th-27th January 2018. The Gynburra 2018 centres around the annual Clem Graham Senior Butterfish Competition, a long tradition that brings competitors from all over to compete for the prestigious titles of the 'Butterfish King'an $1000 prize money and the Under 18s Division, Geoffrey 'Scooby' Wanganeen 'Butterfish Prince' and prize money to match, please be sure to register by clicking on this link.
Gynburra 2018 has many new activities, stalls, entertainers, free transport and the finale a fireworks display. A free event that welcomes everyone to join us for the festivities.Want to find out more information see the schedule of activities and make sure if you don't have ride checkout the free bus timetable a new editions.
Clem Graham Snr Butterfish Competition Rules
1. All competitors must REGISTER and nominate their division to be eligible for trophies and prizes.
2. Competitors can only nominate for ONE division and be eligible for the title and prize money on their registration.
3. Two divisions and categories; Open Men's and Under 18's Biggest Fish, and Open Men's and Under 18's Most Fish. Each has a Title, trophy and prize money.
4. All competitors' fish must be caught on the day of competition.
5. Clem Graham Snr Butterfish Competition will begin at 7:30am and conclude at 4.30pm sharp, NO EXCEPTIONS.
6. All skippers and boat owners are required to have all safety equipment and are RESPONSIBLE for their passengers and vessel.
7. The Most Butterfish categories promote an HONESTY policy. There will be officials scrutinizing. Any skippers and/or competitor(s) found to be dishonest may be banned for a minimum of 2 years from any category, receipt of prizes and/or supporting the event. There will be an official count and sight by nominated officials, at the NOMINATED LOCATIONS BY EVENT COORDINATORS.
8. All Butterfish that will be either eligible for the Biggest Fish and 'Most Fish categories need to be bigger than 30 cm.
9. The Clem Graham Snr 'Butterfish King' and Geoffrey 'Scooby' Webb'Butterfish Prince' competition times will also cease as per schedule. Each competitor must present their BIGGEST fish to be marked by officials within the time limit. The OFFICIAL measure of marked fish and registered competitors will be held at the Port Victoria as per the scheduled times of event. All competitors must present their fish at the nominated time. NO EXCEPTIONS.
10. Competition coordinator has the discretion to apply, revise and/or add new rules as deemed appropriate, the decisions of winner will be FINAL. PLEASE READ THIS RULE!!!!!!